Books on fiqh of business
I am a student of fiqh and ḥadīth. I want to gain mastery in the Fiqh of Business and have a deep understanding. Please advise on the books I should read.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحیم
The following are some books of the recent past that should assist you in this regard along with the traditional Fiqh texts:
- Al-Jāmiʿ fī Uṣūl al-Ribā (Arabic) by Shaykh Rafīq Yūnus al-Miṣrī (b. 1361/1942)
- Al-Maʿāyīr al-Sharʿiyyah (Arabic) by The Accounting and Auditing Organization for Islamic Financial Institutions (AAOIFI), also available in English entitled: ‘Shari’ah Standards’.
- Al-ʿUqūd al-Musammāt fī al-Fiqh al-Islāmī: ʿAqd al-Bayʿ (Arabic) by Shaykh Muṣṭafā Zarqā (d. 1420/1999).
- Buḥūth fī Qaḍayā Fiqhiyyah Muʿāṣirah (Arabic) by Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani (b. 1362/1943).
- Fatāwā ʿUthmānī (Urdu) by Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani.
- Fiqh al-Buyūʿ (Arabic) by Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani.
- Fiqh al-Zakāt (Arabic) by Shaykh Yūsuf al-Qarāḍāwī (b. 1345/1926).
- Jadīd Fiqhī Mabāḥith (Urdu) by Qāḍī Mujāhid al-Islām Qāsmī (d. 1423/2002).
It should be noted that mastery in Fiqh requires the Ṣuḥbat (company) of an experienced and learned Mufti for several years, in addition to reading books of Ḥadīth and Fiqh.
Allah knows best
8 Ṣafar 1442 / 26 September 2020
Approved by: Mufti Shabbir Ahmed and Mufti Muhammad Tahir