Sources of Ḥanafī Ḥadīth evidences
Can you give us a list of some of the books where we can locate Ḥadīths in support of the Ḥanafī school?
بسم الله الرحمن الرحیم
The following are some of the key books that cover most of the evidences and serve as a good starting point:
- Ṣiḥāh Sittah.
- Muṣannaf Ibn Abī Shaybah.
- Muṣannaf ʿAbd al-Razzāq.
- Sunan al-Dāraquṭnī
- The books of Imam Muḥammad (d. 189/805): Al-Aṣl, Al-Ḥujjah, Kitāb al-Āthār, Muwaṭṭaʾ, Siyar Kabīr with the commentary.
- The books of Imam Abū Yūsuf (d. 182/798): Kitāb al-Āthār, Al-Kharāj.
- Sharḥ Maʿānī al-Āthār
- Aḥkām al-Quran by Imam Abū Bakr al-Jaṣṣāṣ al-Rāzī (d. 370/981).
- Ḥāfiẓ Zaylaʿī’s (d. 762/1360) Takhrīj of the Ḥadīths of Hidāyah, commonly known as Naṣb al-Rāyah (and Al-ʿInāyah fī Taḥqīq al-Aḥādīth al-Garībah fī al-Hidāyah, for the ḥadīths classified as Garīb therein)
- Iʿlāʾ al-Sunan by Shaykh Ẓafar Aḥmad ʿUthmānī (d. 1394/1974).
Allah knows best
24 Shawwāl 1444 / 14 May 2023
Approved by: Mufti Shabbir Ahmed and Mufti Muhammad Tahir