80 countries visited by Shaykh al-Islam Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani
By Yusuf Shabbir
In the name of Allah, the Compassionate the Merciful
During the past week, Allah Almighty blessed me and my colleagues Mawlana Hanif Dudhwala, Mawlana Rafiq Sufi and others to accompany Shaykh al-Islam Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani (b. 1362/1943) on his journey to Malta and Cyprus and coordinate this trip. During this journey, I presented a list of countries to Mufti Ṣāḥib and requested him to tick all the countries he has visited. The list is outlined below. The purpose of sharing this is to highlight the life-long efforts and sacrifices of Mufti Ṣāḥib and illustrate the breadth of his experience and service to humanity.
It is worth noting that three collections in Urdu have been published featuring the travelogues of Mufti Ṣāḥib for many of the countries below, they are Jahāne Dīdah, Dunyā mere Āgey and Safar dar Safar. A further volume will be published Inshāʾ Allah featuring the travelogues written since the publication of the final of the three collections Safar dar Safar. These travelogues are a fascinating read, they are brief but comprehensive, infused with gems and pearls from a range of sciences and disciplines along with personal anecdotes and invaluable reflections.
List of countries
- China (including Hong Kong)
- Czech Republic
- France (including Reunion)
- Myanmar (Burma)
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Vatican City
Mufti Ṣāḥib has visited many of the aforementioned countries several times. The countries he has visited the most in order of frequency are as follows: (1) Saudi Arabia (2) Bahrain (3) United Kingdom.
The following is a computer-generated map of the countries Mufti Sahib has visited, shaded in red:
|Region||Number of countries||Percentage|
|Total Visited||82 (this includes Reunion & Hong Kong)||37.96%|
We pray to Allah Almighty to bless Mufti Ṣāḥib in his knowledge, age and deeds and grant us and the entire Ummah the ability to benefit from him.
13 Dhū al-Qaʿdah 1440 / 15 July 2019
In September 2019, I was fortunate to accompany Mufti Ṣāḥib to Greece and Hungary. This increases the list of countries he has visited to 82/84.
|Number of countries||Percentage|
|Total Visited||84 (this includes Reunion & Hong Kong)||38.89%|
Mufti Ṣāḥib’s favourite country is Saudi Arabia. After this, it is Switzerland in terms of scenery, and Turkey in terms of Islamic history and heritage.
7 Ṣafar 1441 / 6 October 2019
- Visit to Malta and Cyprus with Shaykh al-Islam Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani
- Treatise on the hadiths of Umm Haram bint Milhan and her demise in Cyprus (Arabic)
- Seven Days in Bukhara and Samarqand with Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani (b. 1362/1943) and Mufti Shabbir Ahmed (b. 1376/1957)
- Gems of Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani (2019)
- UK Tour 2018: Discourses of Shaykh al-Islām Mufti Muḥammad Taqī ʿUthmānī
- 12 day tour of the Balkan States in the company of Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani, Mufti Ahmed Khanpuri, Mufti Shabbir Ahmed and other scholars
- In the company of Shaykh al-Islām Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani in al-Madinah al-Munawwarah
- Adhkār and the protection of Shaykh al-Islām Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani from assassins
- Six days in Pakistan
- Profile of Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani (Arabic)
- Mufti Muhammad Taqi Uthmani on the unlawfulness of wealth unless it is given wholeheartedly