40 Ḥadīths on the love of the Prophet ﷺ with detailed commentary (New Book Release)
بسم الله الرحمن الرحیم
Al-Ḥamdulillāḥ, the Istanbul based publisher Dār al-Sammān has today announced the publication of my latest book العقد الثمين في حب النبي الأمين صلى الله عليه وسلم ‘al-ʿIqd al-Thamīn fī Ḥubb al-Nabī al-Amīn ﷺ’ (The precious necklace concerning the love of the Prophet, the Trustworthy ﷺ).
This 590-page Arabic collection comprises of 40 Ḥadīths pertaining to the love of our beloved Prophet ﷺ with detailed commentary. Its aim is simple – to inspire, embed and entrench the love of the Prophet ﷺ in our hearts and minds.
The book was authored in 2015-16 following the publication of the offensive and blasphemous caricatures of our beloved Prophet Muḥammad ﷺ. Over the past few weeks, we have witnessed these caricatures being re-promoted in France once again. This is part of a wider agenda to attack Islamic symbols under the false guise of freedom of expression and hurt the feelings of Muslims worldwide. Muslims cannot and will not tolerate attacks on the symbols of our faith. The honour of our beloved Prophet ﷺ is a red line.
The book is divided into the following sections:
- The first section features forewords by the following luminaries: Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani (b. 1362/1943), Mufti Saʿīd Aḥmad Pālanpūrī (d. 1441/2020), Mufti Abū al-Qāsim Nuʿmānī (b. 1366/1947), Mufti Aḥmad Khānpūrī Ṣāḥib (b. 1365/1946), Mawlānā Sayyid Maḥmūd Madani (d. 1383/1964), Shaykh Niʿmat Allah al-Aʿzamī, Mufti ʿAtīq Aḥmad Bastawī (b. 1373/1954) and Mufti Muḥammad Salmān Manṣūrpūrī (b. 1386/1967).
- The second section features a brief introduction to the book.
- The third section features the 40 Ḥadīths in a stand-alone format, enabling readers to read the Ḥadīths without the commentary should they wish to do so.
- The fourth section, which is the bulk of the book, features the 40 Ḥadīths and their commentary.
- The fifth section features the epilogue.
- The final two sections contain the bibliography of 635 books and the index.
Some of the issues discussed within the commentary include:
- Definition and signs of Maḥabbat (love).
- The companions’ and predecessors’ love for the Prophet ﷺ, their poems and their zeal to emulate his Sunnah.
- Virtues of the family members of the Prophet ﷺ and the level of Yazīd’s (d. 64/683) culpability in the killing of Sayyidunā Ḥusayn (d. 61/680, may Allah be pleased with him).
- Love and respect for the companions.
- Sunnah and Bidʿah and whether it has categorisations along with examples of prevalent innovations.
- Durūd (salutations) on the Prophet ﷺ, its virtues, etiquettes and rulings.
- Ḥayāt (life) of the Prophets in their graves and its nature.
- Visiting the graves of Prophets and pious people.
- Virtues of the blessed city of Madīnah and Makkah.
- Boundaries of al-Masjid al-Aqsa and whether it can be described as Ḥaram.
- 40 Ḥadīths on the proofs of prophethood.
- Shaving the beard and some associated rulings.
- Insulting the Prophets and the companions – summary of the key issues from 10 books on this subject.
- Seeing Allah Almighty and the Prophet ﷺ in a dream.
- The boundaries of love for the Prophet ﷺ.
- The reality of the image of the blessed shoe/slipper and seeking blessing from it.
- The different views regarding the dates of birth and demise of our Prophet ﷺ.
The book will be available, in shā Allah, in the forthcoming book fairs, and should also be available in bookshops in the UK and other countries over the coming months. If you wish to order a copy, please contact a local supplier of Arabic books who should be able to source a copy for you.
May Allah Almighty accept this small endeavor and make it a means of success in both worlds. Āmīn.
24 Rabīʿ al-Awwal 1442 / 10 November 2020